Enroll in Structure of Writing with Dolphin STEM Academy
Structure of Writing is the study of principles of grammar and effective writing, and the
application of these principles to writing. In Structure of Writing, you will learn about the
types of sentences, punctuation marks and grammar rules such as subject verb
agreement and tenses; you will also learn about different parts of speech and their
correct usage; examine the concept of parallel structure in sentences as well as identify
and correct run-on sentences. Finally, you will learn about developing paragraphs and essays.
By the end of this course, you will:
• Understand the basics of sentences such as definition and types of sentences,
fundamental grammar rules, and parts of speech used in sentences.
• Explore different punctuation marks as well as capitalization rules and their correct usage.
• Recognize and correct run-on sentences and sentence fragments.
• Recognize and correct awkward sentence structure and develop an understanding
of parallel structure in sentences.
• Explore different spelling rules and examine some commonly misspelled words.
• Explore in detail the process of writing paragraphs and essays.