Enroll in Revolutionary Ideas in Science with Dolphin STEM Academy
This one-semester course is a guide to help you understand the history of science from
prehistoric to modern times. You will learn about inventions and discoveries in various fields of
science, such as physics, chemistry, biology, genetics, computer science, Earth sciences, and
This course includes 15 lessons and five Course Activities. Each lesson contains one or more
Lesson Activities. The lessons cover the following topics:
• The first two lessons discuss the science that prevailed in prehistoric and ancient periods.
• The next two lessons discuss the scientific revolution and the contributions of Sir Isaac
Newton to the field of science.
• The next two lessons describe the discoveries and inventions in various branches of
physics, such as thermodynamics, electricity, electromagnetism, and quantum mechanics.
• The next lesson describes various discoveries and inventions related to the cosmos.
• The next two lessons discuss the history of chemical sciences and discoveries related to
atoms and molecules.
• The next two lessons describe Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution and the discoveries
related to genetics and biotechnology.
• The next two lessons describe the discoveries and inventions related to human anatomy
• The next lesson describes discoveries related to Earth sciences.
• The final lesson describes various inventions in the field of computer science.
You will submit the Course Activity documents to your teacher, and you will grade your work in
the Lesson Activities by comparing them with sample responses. Each lesson also has a
multiple-choice mastery test. A multiple-choice end-of-semester test completes the course.
The Course Activities (submitted to the teacher) and the Lesson Activities (self-checked) are
major components of this course. They will guide your learning as you work through this course.
This course will help you meet the following goals:
Explore Stone Age, Bronze Age, and Iron Age inventions and discoveries.
Describe the ancient and medieval science that prevailed across various regions of the world.
Describe the scientific revolution and the emergence of the new scientific method.
Explore the inventions and discoveries of Sir Isaac Newton.
Explore the inventions and discoveries in the fields of thermodynamics and electricity.
Explore the inventions and discoveries in the fields of electromagnetism and quantum mechanics.
Describe various theories related to the evolution of the universe, contributions of famous
scientists to the field of astronomy, and various tools used in astronomy.
Explore various discoveries in chemical sciences.
Describe the discoveries related to atoms and molecules.
Describe the discoveries related to the origin of species and the contribution of Charles
Darwin to the theory of evolution.
Explore discoveries in the field of genetics and biotechnology.
Discuss the history of anatomy from ancient to present times, and various inventions and
discoveries in anatomy.
Describe the discoveries and inventions in medicine.
Describe the discoveries related to Earth sciences.
Describe the inventions related to computer devices and the Internet.