Enroll in Principles of Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics with Dolphin STEM Academy
This one-semester course is intended for you to familiarize with knowledge and skills required
for a career in Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics (TDL). This course has 12 lessons
organized into three units, plus three Unit Activities. Each lesson contains one or more Lesson Activities.
This course covers the basic concepts of warehousing and workplace safety. It also familiarizes
you with organization management and leadership skills. In addition, this course covers the role
of technology and future trends in the TDL industry.
You will submit the Unit Activity documents to your teacher, and you will grade your work on the
Lesson Activities by comparing them with the given sample responses. The Unit Activities
(submitted to the teacher) and the Lesson Activities (self-checked) are the major components of
this course. There are other assessment components, namely the mastery test questions that
feature along with the lesson; the pre- and post-test questions that come at the beginning and
end of the unit, respectively; and an end-of-semester test. All of these tests are a combination of
simple multiple-choice questions and technology enhanced (TE) questions.
This course will help you meet the following goals:
• Familiarize yourself with the principles of storage and warehousing in the TDL industry.
• Familiarize yourself with workplace hazards, safety equipment, and precautionary measures.
• Learn the principles of organization management and understand organization systems and climates.
• Explore opportunities for leadership and leadership development in the TDL industry.
• Learn time, task, and resource management skills by organizing and implementing a
productive plan of work.
• Learn conflict-resolution skills to avoid interpersonal and workplace issues.
• Explore the role of technology in the transportation, distribution, and logistics industry.
• Develop proficiency with information technology by using computers, file management
techniques, and software/programs effectively.
• Learn the importance of proper Internet use and security at the workplace.
• Analyze future trends and developments in the TDL industry.