Enroll in Principles of Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics with Dolphin STEM Academy
This one-semester course is intended for you to familiarize yourself with the knowledge and
skills required for a career in Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics (TDL). This course has
16 lessons organized into four units, plus four Unit Activities. Each lesson contains one or more
This course covers the evolution of the TDL industry, various modes of transportation, and the
role of the TDL industry in world trade and globalization. It also covers career opportunities in
TDL. In addition, it covers workplace skills, such as positive work ethics, integrity, and selfrepresentation.
Finally, this course covers communication and interpersonal skills required to be successful in the workplace.
You will submit the Unit Activity documents to your teacher, and you will grade your work on the
Lesson Activities by comparing them with the given sample responses. The Unit Activities
(submitted to the teacher) and the Lesson Activities (self-checked) are the major components of
this course. There are other assessment components, namely the mastery test questions that
feature along with the lesson; the pre- and post-test questions that come at the beginning and
end of the unit, respectively; and an end-of-semester test. All of these tests are a combination of
simple multiple-choice questions and technology enhanced (TE) questions.
This course will help you meet the following goals:
• Explore the evolution of the transportation, distribution, and logistics (TDL) industry, various
modes of transport used in the United States, and the role of the TDL industry in world trade and globalization.
• Explore TDL career options available in the United States.
• Learn job acquisition and advancement skills to apply for a job and seek promotion in the
workplace, and examine lifelong learning skills to improve professional skills.
• Demonstrate positive work ethics, integrity, and self-representation skills at the workplace.
• Demonstrate mathematics skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Focus on communication skills to communicate effectively with employees and customers
and to follow directions at the workplace.
• Demonstrate teamwork skills to contribute to the success of the team and assist others when needed.