Enroll in Principles of Engineering and Technology with Dolphin STEM Academy
This one-semester course is intended to help you familiarize yourself with the process of
engineering design and examine manufacturing technologies and processes. This course has
seventeen lessons organized into four units. Each unit has a Unit Activity and each lesson
contains one or more Lesson Activities.
This course will cover the concepts in engineering design, manufacturing processes and
materials, communication skills, and team and resource management.
You will submit the Unit Activity documents to your teacher, and you will grade your work in the
Lesson Activities by comparing them with given sample responses. The Unit Activities
(submitted to the teacher), and the Lesson Activities (self-checked) are the major components
of this course. There are other assessment components, namely the mastery test questions that
feature along with the lesson; the pre- and post-test questions that come at the beginning and
end of the unit, respectively; and an end-of-semester test. All of these tests are a combination of
simple multiple-choice questions and technology enhanced (TE) questions.
This course will help you meet the following goals:
• Explain the design process.
• Examine methods for evaluating problems and generating creative solutions.
• Compare energy sources and explain the principles of electrical power generation and transmission.
• Analyze various manufacturing processes and materials.
• Examine the applications of different types of engineering control systems.
• Analyze safety systems and demonstrate safe working habits.
• Identify some important employability characteristics.
• Demonstrate good communication skills.
• Demonstrate time, task, and resource management.
• Discuss the importance of teamwork and demonstrate team management skills.