Enroll in Principles of Engineering and Technology with Dolphin STEM Academy
This one-semester course is intended to help you familiarize yourself with engineering systems
and technologies. This course has thirteen lessons organized into three units. Each unit has a
Unit Activity and each lesson contains one or more Lesson Activities.
This course will cover the evolution of engineering and technology, careers in engineering, and
engineering systems and technologies.
You will submit the Unit Activity documents to your teacher, and you will grade your work in the
Lesson Activities by comparing them with given sample responses. The Unit Activities
(submitted to the teacher), and the Lesson Activities (self-checked) are the major components
of this course. There are other assessment components, namely the mastery test questions that
feature along with the lesson; the pre- and post-test questions that come at the beginning and
end of the unit, respectively; and an end-of-semester test. All of these tests are a combination of
simple multiple-choice questions and technology enhanced (TE) questions.
This course will help you meet the following goals:
• Describe the relationship between engineering and technology.
• Explore the evolution of engineering and technology.
• Assess how engineering and technology influence society and the environment.
• Describe modern technologies and how they interact.
• Describe high-precision measurement technologies.
• Analyze job-specific technologies and discuss the ethical issues related to the use of technology.
• Identify the branches of engineering and the technologies associated with them.
• Explore various career opportunities.
• Discuss the importance of various employability characteristics and teamwork.
• Examine simple and compound machines and their mechanisms.
• Explain the structure and applications of fluid systems.
• Describe thermal systems and their functions.
• Examine electrical systems and analyze electrical circuits.
• Describe the applications of biotechnology.
• Examine construction technologies and analyze structural designs.