Enroll in Principles of Business, Marketing, and Finance with Dolphin STEM Academy
This one-semester course is intended as a practical, hands-on guide to help you understand the
skills required to achieve success in modern-day careers in the business, marketing and finance
cluster. This course has 19 lessons organized into four units, plus four Unit Activities. Each
lesson contains one or more Lesson Activities.
This course will cover various topics in the business, marketing and finance cluster.
You will submit the Unit Activity documents to your teacher, and you will grade your work in the
Lesson Activities by comparing them with given sample responses. The Unit Activities
(submitted to the teacher) and the Lesson Activities (self-checked) are the major components of
this course. There are other assessment components, namely the mastery test questions that
feature along with the lesson; the pre- and post-test questions that come at the beginning and
end of the unit respectively, and an end-of-semester test. All of these tests are a combination of
simple multiple-choice questions and technology enhanced (TE) questions.
This course will help you meet the following goals:
• Describe the working of an economic system.
• Discuss the importance of marketing in a global economy.
• Discuss the role of regulatory authorities in the working of business.
• Discuss ethical, moral and legal implications in a business.
• Describe the human resources functions, including recruitment and selection.
• Describe various career opportunities in the fields of human resources management, in