Enroll in Principles of Arts, A/V Technology, & Communications with Dolphin STEM Academy
This one-semester course is intended as a practical, hands-on guide to help you
understand the skills required for achieving success in modern-day careers in the arts,
audio/video technology, and communications cluster. This course has 16 lessons
organized into four units, along with four Unit Activities. Each lesson additionally
contains one or more Lesson Activities. This course will cover various topics in the arts,
audio/video technology, and communication career cluster.
By the end of this course, you will:
• Name the different types of art forms, state performing standards and indicators, and
identify career opportunities in music and dance.
• State the types of theater and the skills required for live performances.
• Define workplace diversity and identify the strategies to resolve workplace conflicts.
• Identify effective reading and writing skills useful for reading and interpreting
workplace documents and writing clearly.
• Identify current trends changing the face of journalism and the career prospects in
the journalism and broadcasting industry.
• State the significance of professional communications in any organization.
• State the uses of different telecommunication services and applications, and identify
career prospects in the telecommunications industry.
• Identify effective speaking and listening skills used for communicating effectively
with customers and employees.
• Name the different types of businesses in printing and imaging technology.
• Identify current trends and career opportunities in printing and imaging technology.
• Name various graphic design and illustration techniques, and identify the career
opportunities in these fields.
• Identify the career opportunities in the fields of writing, editing, publishing, and elearning.
• State the importance of an organization’s vision and mission statements, culture,
and business functions.
• State the traits that reflect integrity.
• Name the laws that ensure fair treatment of employees.
• State the ethical principles and legal provisions that professionals in the arts and
media technology industries must follow.
• State the health and safety rules that professionals in the fields of art, audio/video
technology, and communication must follow.
• Identify verbal, nonverbal, and listening skills to enhance interpersonal relationships at workplace
• Name the different types of leadership styles.