Enroll in Principles of Arts, A/V Technology, & Communications with Dolphin STEM Academy
This one-semester course is intended as a practical, hands-on guide to help you
understand the skills required for achieving success in modern-day careers in the arts,
audio/video technology, and communications cluster. This course has 19 lessons
organized into four units, with four Unit Activities. Each lesson additionally contains one
or more Lesson Activities. This course will cover various topics in the arts, audio/video
technology, and communication career cluster.
By the end of this course, you will:
• Recall the evolution of audio/video technology and the film industry and identify the
career and business opportunities in these fields.
• Recall the evolution of multimedia and animation and identify career and business
opportunities in these fields.
• Identify the emerging trends in electronic media.
• Identify positive work ethics, desired traits, and work habits that employers look for in
their prospective employees.
• Identify positive self-representation skills, and state the importance of following good
business etiquette in the workplace.
• State the characteristics of a successful team, and the traits of a good leader.
• Identify various career opportunities in the field of visual arts, along with the
businesses and current trends in visual arts.
• Name the different elements of art and the principles of design.
• Tell the importance of using creativity and resourcefulness for evaluating problems in a workplace.
• State the factors affecting fashion and how they influence the career opportunities in fashion design.
• Recall the basics of photography and identify career opportunities in commercial photography.
• Tell the importance of time, task, and resource management skills necessary for
implementing a productive plan of work.
• Identify critical-thinking and problem-solving skills useful for analyzing and resolving
problems that arise during completing assigned tasks.
• Identify the skills used for job acquisition and the advancement skills that can help
get a raise or a promotion.
• Identify the technology trends that can help accomplish work tasks effectively, and
list the guidelines for the ethical use of technology.
• Name the key features of various information technology tools.
• Identify potential risks of using the Internet at the workplace.
• State the key elements in creating and evaluating presentations.