Enroll in Principles of Architecture and Construction with Dolphin STEM Academy
The Principles of Architecture and Construction Semester A course is intended to help
familiarize you with basic concepts of architecture and construction and a wide range of
careers available in this field. Principles of Architecture and Construction Semester A
begins by introducing foundational concepts of architecture and construction. This
course covers architectural drawings, structure and loads, materials, and equipment
used in architecture and construction. In this course, you will also review career
opportunities in the field of Architecture and Construction. Finally, this course will
explain the important workplace ethics required in this field.
By the end of this course, you will:
• Explain contemporary architectural styles and analyze architectural drawings.
• Identify physical properties of architectural structures and materials and equipment
used in the construction industry.
• Identify career options in architecture, construction management, and interior design.
• Explain job acquisition and advancement skills required to apply for a job and seek promotion.
• Explain lifelong-learning skills to continually acquire new industry-related information
and improve professional skills.
• Explain the importance of positive work ethics and integrity in a workplace.
• Explain the importance of self-representation, creative resourcefulness, and
teamwork at the workplace.