Enroll in Middle School Health with Dolphin STEM Academy
Middle School Health aids students in creating a foundation of personal health.
Beginning with properly defining health, this course then builds upon basic health
practices to emphasize the importance of balance. Attention is given to each of the six
dimensions of wellness; namely, physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social, and
environmental. Students are taught the skills necessary to improve every aspect of
health. They are also encouraged to reflect upon their own personal wellness each
Units & Tasks
This course is divided into the following Units and Sections.
Unit 1: Holistic Health
1.1 What is Health?
1.2 Decision-Making Skills
Unit 2: Mental Health
2.1 Mental Health
2.2 Coping Skills
2.3 Stress & Time Management
Unit 3: Social Health
3.1 Healthy Relationships
Unit 4: Personal Fitness
4.1 Physical Wellness
4.3 Weight Management
Unit 5: Personal Health
5.1 Disease Transmission & Prevention
5.2 Drugs & Alcohol
5.3 Reproductive Health
Unit 6: Health & Safety
6.1 Consumer & Environmental Wellness
6.2 Safety & Personal Injury
Within each section you will find the following tasks to view or complete:
1. Checklist—an outline of tasks for that section
2. Lessons—multimedia online lessons about the section topic
3. Field Trip—links to other online sites with additional fitness information
4. Reflection*—a journal reflection on material learned
5. Discussion*—class discussion on an assigned topic
6. Assignment*—section assignment
7. Vocab Check—a practice exercise to test your knowledge of vocabulary
8. Quiz*—quiz covering information from the lessons
The items noted with an asterisk above are those that must be submitted for a grade.
The “Course Introduction” section has more detailed information on the navigation and
tasks for this course.
Assignments and Grading
Each section of this course is designed to be completed in about one week’s time.
Please see the detailed schedule for more information on points possible and due
There are no additional materials required for this course.
Please refer to the Technical Requirements page in the course for more information.