Enroll in Networking Fundamentals with Dolphin STEM Academy
Networking Fundamentals, Semester B is the second part of a two-semester course.
This course focuses on network planning, administration, troubleshooting, and
maintenance. You’ll learn about the different phases of project management and identify
important skills needed to manage a project. You’ll also plan, design, and document a
network. You’ll learn about wireless networking standards and access methods. You’ll
learn to set up and secure a wireless network. You’ll learn about virtual private networks
and cloud computing. You’ll also learn to troubleshoot issues related to wired and
wireless networks. Finally, you’ll identify disaster recovery methods and describe how to
maintain a network.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Explain the importance of project management and related skills.
• Plan and design a network for a given scenario.
• Use appropriate documentation to manage a network.
• Describe how to create domain user accounts, groups, and domain trusts.
• Describe how to design a wide area network (WAN).
• Describe IEEE 802.11 (Wi-Fi) wireless networking standards and access methods.
• Describe other wireless networking standards, technologies, and related characteristics.
• Describe the procedure to set up and secure a wireless network.
• Explain fundamental concepts of virtual private networks.
• Explain the concepts of cloud computing and cloud deployment models.
• Use the appropriate troubleshooting tools.
• Identify and troubleshoot issues related to wired and wireless networks.
• Identify disaster recovery methods and develop a disaster recovery plan.
• Describe maintenance operations of a network.