Enroll in Mathematics for College Readiness with Dolphin STEM Academy
Mathematics for College Readiness is a comprehensive review of mathematical
concepts designed to prepare you for the math you’ll experience in college. It includes
concepts from algebra, advanced algebra, geometry, and probability and statistics and
teaches them as interrelated disciplines. You’ve likely studied many of the topics that
are presented, but some topics might be new to you.
In Mathematics for College Readiness, Semester A, you will review operations
on rational numbers and how to build and solve equations and inequalities that
represent real-world problems. You will also explore operations with monomials and
binomials. Toward the end of the semester, you will investigate linear equations and
inequalities and their graphs as well as systems of linear equations.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Use variables to represent unknown quantities.
• Use proportional relationships to solve ratio and percent problems.
• Perform operations with rational numbers.
• Convert between scientific notation and standard notation.
• Write and solve equations and inequalities that represent real-world situations.
• Perform operations with monomial, binomial, and other polynomial expressions.
• Graph linear equations and inequalities on a coordinate plane.
• Find the slope and intercepts of a linear equation.
• Develop a linear equation by looking at its graph.
• Solve and graph systems of linear equations.