Enroll in Language Arts 3 with Dolphin STEM Academy
English is the study of the creation and analysis of literature written in the English
language. In Language Arts 3, Semester A, you will first explore literary
features of diaries, memoirs, informative essays, and fictional narratives. In the second
unit, you will improve your writing by using persuasive writing techniques. You will also
compare literature and poetry adapted for different mediums. You will evaluate story
characters and give multimedia presentations. Later, you will analyze informational texts
to understand the history of the Civil War. In the final unit of the course, you will analyze
literary elements such as point of view, conflict, theme, structure, and setting.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Describe the features of written forms of literature, such as diaries, memoirs,
informative essays, and fictional narratives.
• Analyze stage directions and dialogue in a drama.
• Evaluate the main characters in a short story.
• Examine key elements of creating and delivering successful multimedia presentations.
• Interpret a film adaptation.
• Determine the main idea and point of view in Civil War texts.
• Investigate connections and distinctions between important Civil War events.
• Identify the impact of word choice and structure in stories with plot twists.
• Investigate approaches for writing argumentative essays about works of fiction.