Enroll in Language Arts 2 with Dolphin STEM Academy
English is the study of the creation and analysis of literature written in the English
language. In M/J Language Arts 2B, you will analyze the literary elements of
point of view and conflict in literature. You will learn to apply problem solving and
conflict resolution skills. You will study the features and techniques of persuasive
writing. You will also evaluate use of the literary element of conflict in informational
texts. In addition, you will learn about the main characteristics of public speaking and
deliver a persuasive speech. In the latter part of this course, you will investigate the
topic of identity in literature. In the final unit, you will read novels and explore their
various literary elements.
This course will help you meet these goals:
• Analyze point of view, conflict, theme, setting, and plot in literature.
• Analyze problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Determine the primary features of persuasive writing.
• Develop skills for writing persuasively.
• Explore the element of conflict in informational texts.
• Investigate the elements and purpose of public speaking.
• Identify and implement elements of speechwriting.
• Explore the topic of identity in literature.
• Explore personal and interpersonal wellness.
• Develop research skills needed for writing academic papers.
• Trace the development of characters in a novel.
• Develop the skills necessary to draft a cohesive research paper.