Enroll in Introduction to World Religions with Dolphin STEM Academy
This one-semester course is intended to help you understand the origin, beliefs, and practices
related to various world religions.
This course includes 14 lessons and 5 Course Activities. Each lesson contains one or more
Lesson Activities. The lessons cover the following topics:
• The first lesson introduces the concept of religion and discusses different approaches to
studying world religions.
• The next lesson discusses the origins, beliefs, and practices related to some primal religions.
• The next eleven lessons discuss the origins, beliefs, and practices related to various world religions.
• The final lesson discusses the origins, beliefs, and practices related to some contemporary
You will submit the Course Activity documents to your teacher, and you will grade your work in
the Lesson Activities by comparing them with sample responses. Each lesson also has a
multiple-choice mastery test. A multiple-choice end-of-semester test completes the course.
The Course Activities (submitted to the teacher) and the Lesson Activities (self-checked) are
major components of this course. They will guide your learning as you work through this course.
This course will help you meet the following goals:
• Explain the concept of religion and its purpose.
• Investigate different approaches to studying world religions.
• Trace the origins and history of various world religions.
• Describe the beliefs and practices of different world religions.
• Identify religious texts, symbols, and places.
• Discuss the contributions of some famous personalities to world religions.