Enroll in Introduction to Philosophy with Dolphin STEM Academy
This one-semester course is intended as a practical guide to help you understand the subject
matter of philosophy, its main branches, and the major ideas and issues discussed in each
branch. This course has 15 lessons and 6 Course Activities. Each lesson contains one or more
You will submit the Course Activity documents to your teacher, and you will grade your work in
the Lesson Activities by comparing them with sample responses. Each lesson also has a
multiple-choice mastery test. A multiple-choice end-of-semester test completes the course.
The Course Activities (submitted to the teacher) and the Lesson Activities (self-checked) are
major components of this course. They will guide your learning as you work through this course.
This course will help you meet the following goals:
• Describe the subject matter of philosophy and key contributions by major philosophers.
• Examine the major branches of philosophy.
• Discuss the beginnings of philosophical questioning.
• Discuss the development of contemporary metaphysics.
• Describe the rationalist ideas and philosophers within epistemology.
• Discuss the theories of empiricism and empiricist philosophers.
• Analyze the fundamentals of logic and learn the methods of argument.
• Discuss the main ideas in the philosophy of art.
• Discuss the main ideas in value theory and describe moral systems.
• Examine the theories for and against the existence of God.
• Discuss the problem of evil, understand its paradoxes, and discuss a variety of responses.
• Discuss the fundamental concepts of social philosophy.
• Discuss key concepts and issues in political philosophy.
• Investigate the field of bioethics and the application of philosophical theory to real-life situations.
• Discuss the applications of philosophy in the fields of finance and business.