Enroll in Graphic Design and Illustration with Dolphin STEM Academy
This one-semester course is intended as a practical, hands-on guide to help you understand
advanced concepts of graphic design, including the creation of graphic products such as logos,
posters, and magazine covers. The course will also help you explore concepts of multimedia
and digital photography. This course has 14 lessons organized into 4 units, plus 4 Unit
Activities. Each lesson contains one or more Lesson Activities.
This course will cover the advanced manipulation of images. It will guide you on how to create
graphic products such as logos, posters, and magazine covers. This course also covers
multimedia and digital photography. In addition, the course covers art criticism in graphic
artwork, digital publishing, and the creation of graphic design portfolio.
You will submit the Unit Activity documents to your teacher, and you will grade your work on the
Lesson Activities by comparing them with the given sample responses. The Unit Activities
(submitted to the teacher) and the Lesson Activities (self-checked) are the major components of
this course. There are other assessment components, namely the mastery test questions that
feature along with the lesson; the pre- and post-test questions that come at the beginning and
end of the unit, respectively; and an end-of-semester test. All of these tests are a combination of
simple multiple-choice questions and technology enhanced (TE) questions.
This course will help you meet the following goals:
• Use advanced image-editing software tools.
• Describe how to enhance and retouch a photographic image.
• Describe how to create special effects using image-editing software.
• Describe how to convert a traditional artwork to a digital format.
• Create a poster.
• Create an effective logo.
• Create a magazine cover.
• Describe the design characteristics of digital media.
• Describe the use of multimedia and the role of graphics in multimedia.
• Create an interactive multimedia presentation using appropriate media and graphics.
• Describe various aspects of digital photography and produce photographs using design
principles and rules of composition.
• Describe art criticism and assess the characteristics of a graphic artwork.
• Create a publication from digital layouts.
• Create a graphic design portfolio.