Enroll in Grade 7 Mathematics with Dolphin STEM Academy
Mathematics is the study of the patterns around us. Using the tools in this course, you
will learn more about how to solve problems using expressions and equations. When
you understand how to work with numbers in equations, and how to manipulate
equations, you can more easily solve problems you encounter in everyday life.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Identify the constant of proportionality in tables, graphs, diagrams, and descriptions
of proportional relationships.
• Use equations to represent proportional relationships.
• Use proportional relationships to solve real-world and mathematical problems
involving ratio and percent.
• Apply and extend your previous understanding of operations with fractions to add,
subtract, multiply, and divide rational numbers.
• Convert a rational number to a decimal number using long division.
• Use variables to represent quantities in a real-world or mathematical problem and
write simple expressions, equations, or inequalities to solve the problem.
• Use properties of operations to rewrite linear expressions in different forms.