Enroll in Financial Algebra with Dolphin STEM Academy
Financial Algebra, Semester A, is a single-semester course designed to
introduce you to the basics of financial algebra. This course includes lessons that focus
on planning for expenses and developing financial goals. You’ll learn to use algebraic
expressions that model growth that’s due to interest. You’ll also describe investments in
terms of their cost, risks, and returns.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Describe the impact of careers on income, and explain the basics of bank accounts.
• Explain how money and other benefits are earned from employment.
• Explain the consequences of unexpected expenses, and describe how consumers
can protect themselves.
• Use and manipulate algebraic expressions that model growth due to interest.
• State how inflation affects the value of savings, and describe the difference between
nominal interest rates and real interest rates.
• Compare money with its future value.
• Interpret stock market information, data, and models used for investments.
• Describe how expenses affect buying, selling, and holding assets.
• Examine common mistakes in investing, and describe strategies for making good