Enroll in Electronic Communication Skills with Dolphin STEM Academy
Electronic communication skills are important to achieve success in a wide range of
careers. The Electronic Communication Skills course begins by describing basic
computer hardware configurations and software. In this course, you will review career
opportunities in the field of electronic communication. This course also covers different
keyboard techniques used for entering data into a computer. Additionally, you will learn
to use word processing and presentation software to create enhanced documents and
presentations for your audience. Finally, you will learn about the role and applications of
the Internet in electronic communication.
By the end of this course, you will:
• Describe the basics of computer hardware and software.
• Identify the different career choices available in the field of electronic communication.
• Identify the techniques and functions of a keyboard.
• Explain the use of word processing software to create, edit, format, enhance, review,
and publish documents.
• Explain the use of presentation software to create a basic presentation for a given audience.
• Explain the history and terminology of the Internet and the World Wide Web and
describe the functions of browsers.
• Explain how to browse and communicate using the Internet.
• Identify security risks and concerns associated with the use of the Internet.