Enroll in Economics with Dolphin STEM Academy
Economics is a social science that examines how goods and services are created,
consumed, and exchanged. This course covers basic economic problems such as
scarcity, choice, and effective use of resources. It also covers topics on a larger scale
such as market structures and international trade. It particularly focuses on the US
economy and analyzes the role of the government and the Federal Reserve System.
This course will help you meet these goals:
• Explain why scarcity and choice are basic problems of economics.
• Explore economic systems and compare market economies with other economic
• Identify the determinants that create changes in supply and demand.
• Identify and explain the importance of factors of production.
• Use production curves to interpret the scarcity of resources.
• Understand different types of business organization.
• Describe elements of the US labor market.
• Analyze how productivity, technology, and trade relate to growth.
• Analyze the influence of the federal government on the US economy.
• Analyze the costs and benefits of US economic policies on the United States and the
• Explain the use and goals of fiscal policy, government regulations, and taxation in
the US economy.
• Understand the structure of the Federal Reserve System and its impact on US
• Compare the four types of market structures.
• Explain the need for international trade and its impact on a country’s economy.
• Learn how trade regulations impact a country’s economy.