Enroll in Digital and Interactive Media with Dolphin STEM Academy
This one-semester course is intended as a practical, hands-on guide to help you
understand the concepts of digital and interactive media. This course will cover careers,
training, and emerging technologies in digital media. This course familiarizes you with
the concepts involved in digital media, such as graphic design, digital photography,
principles of design, and digital printing. This course also covers copyright laws and fair
use involved in digital media.
This course will help you meet the following goals:
• Describe careers in digital media and create a resume.
• Describe the training and skills required for a career in digital media.
• Identify emerging technologies in the field of digital and interactive media.
• Describe digital image concepts and use basic tools of graphic design software.
• Apply image manipulation techniques on a digital image.
• Describe various modes and settings of a digital camera and produce color photographs.
• Produce photographs using appropriate lighting, white balance, and exposure.
• Describe how to enhance and retouch a photo.
• Describe how to apply color balancing techniques and text effects to an image.
• Create images using the elements of design.
• Create a layout design and produce photographs using design principles.
• Describe how to organize and store images.
• List and describe laws and ethics related to digital media.
• Describe the digital printing process and print an image.