Enroll in Culinary Arts with Dolphin STEM Academy
Culinary Arts, Semester B, is a one-semester course that is intended to help you gain
an understanding of menu planning, food presentation, and different service styles. This
course covers the running of food service establishments and kitchen management
skills. In addition, the course explains the personal skills and professional traits needed
in the food service industry. Finally, the course covers career opportunities and career
By the end of this course, you will:
• Identify factors that affect menu costing and planning.
• Identify different serving styles and various components of table settings.
• Identify critical interactions and identify factors that affect customer satisfaction.
• Identify SMART goals and identify the persons responsible for various aspects of
running a food service establishment.
• Select good kitchen management practices and identify roles and responsibilities of various kitchen staff.
• Categorize departments of a food establishment based on functions, define a
business plan and its components, and identify the four Ps of marketing.
• Define values and identify important traits, personal qualities, and skills for career growth.
• Identify important workplace habits and skills.
• Select appropriate forms of communications and identify effective reading and writing strategies.
• Define verbal and nonverbal communication, identify the meaning of nonverbal
gestures, recognize active listening, and select techniques to improve communication skills.
• Identify the components of a SMART goal, identify important documents related to a
job search, and list the steps to achieve a goal.
• Select appropriate careers, identify the roles and responsibilities of certain culinary
arts professionals, and recognize certifications and licensing requirements.
• Select appropriate methods for career advancement and work-life balance, and
identify professional culinary organizations.
• Identify positive and possible negative traits of leaders.