Enroll in Certified Nurse Aide with Dolphin STEM Academy
The Certified Nurse Aide Semester A course is a one-semester course designed to
introduce you to the topics and the skills that you must learn to take the competency
evaluation to become a certified nurse aide. The course will provide you with the
knowledge and skills that you need to perform your duties as a nurse. The course
consists of four units. In the first unit, you will learn basic nursing skills and how to best
care for clients. The second unit will introduce you to different types of clients and how
to provide quality care to them depending on their varying needs. The lessons in the
third unit cover topics related to infection control, waste management, and cost
containment. Finally, the fourth unit will introduce laws and ethics related to nurse aides
and their duties.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Identify basic nursing skills for nurse aides.
• Identify how to provide assistance to clients with activities of daily living and other
physical and mental health needs.
• State the nurse aide’s role in helping clients learn preventive care and self-care.
• State the importance of a safe environment in nursing.
• Identify elements of and guidelines for infection control and hygiene in nursing.
• State the need for safe, sterilized medical and surgical equipment in nursing.
• Recall standards, ethics, and laws related to nursing in the United States, and state
the nurse aide’s scope of practice.
• Identify clients’ rights regarding their health care, including the right to privacy.