Enroll in Certified Nurse Aide with Dolphin STEM Academy
The Certified Nurse Aide Semester A course is a single-semester course designed to
introduce you to the topics that you must learn to take the competency evaluation to
become a certified nurse aide. The course will provide you with the knowledge and skills
you need to perform your duties as a nurse aide. The course consists of four units. The
first unit will explain how to communicate, work in a team, and be culturally competent
when working as a nurse aide. The second unit will introduce you to medical
terminology, abbreviations, acronyms, symbols, and body structure and directional
terminology, which will help you communicate accurately when performing your duties
as a nurse aide. The third and fourth units will help you recall the different human body
systems. These units will also describe disorders and diseases related to the body
systems and their treatments.
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Identify effective communication that is crucial for a nurse aide.
• Recall how multidisciplinary teams collaborate to deliver quality health care.
• State the importance of cultural competency for nurse aides.
• Recall the history of medical terminology and identify the basic components of medical terms.
• Identify medical abbreviations, symbols, and acronyms.
• Identify the structure, planes, and cavities of the human body and their respective positions.
• Recall the structure and function of different body systems.
• List diseases and disorders related to the body systems.
• Identify medical equipment, procedures, and medications related to the body systems.
• State health science specializations related to the body systems.