Enroll in Business English with Dolphin STEM Academy
Business English, Semester B, is a single-semester course designed to strengthen your
ability to read, write, and communicate in the workplace. In the first unit, you’ll learn
about different kinds of workplace documents you may need to read or write on the job.
The second unit introduces you to the design and visual components of workplace
documents, along with strategies for giving business presentations. The third unit
focuses on the role that professional and interpersonal skills play in the workplace. In
the fourth unit, you’ll learn strategies that will help you find and apply for jobs.
By the end of this course, you will:
• Explain the format and features of different workplace documents.
• Explain the importance of incorporating design elements into business documents.
• Understand the different types of graphics used in business documents.
• Interpret and compare two graphs.
• Explain the characteristics of an effective business presentation.
• Understand what it means to be professional and ethical at work.
• Explain the relationship between interpersonal skills and effective communication in
• Explain the proper etiquette for different types of business meetings and for meeting
with people of different cultures.
• Understand how to assess personal skills and interests to decide on potential
• Explain how to search and apply for a job.
• Explain how to create a résumé and cover letter.
• Explain the steps to take to ensure a successful job interview.