Enroll in Biology with Dolphin STEM Academy
Biology with Virtual Labs, Semester A, is a single-semester course designed to
strengthen your knowledge of basic biology. The first unit provides an introduction to
biology and biochemistry. It focuses on the roles of and differences between plant and
animal cells. In the second unit, you’ll learn about the functions of different organ
systems. The third unit covers cell division and the role of DNA and chromosomes in
passing traits from parents to offspring. You will also have the option to learn more about
biology through augmented reality and the use of the Edmentum AR Biology app on your
By the end of this course, you will be able to do the following:
• Use the scientific method to investigate a biology question.
• Explain how atoms combine to form larger molecules that have various
• Explain the structural and functional differences between plant and animal cells.
• Explain how different proteins produced by a cell carry out critical life functions
through systems of specialized cells.
• Explain the working of nervous, skeletal and muscle, respiratory, circulatory,
digestive, excretory, integumentary, immune, lymph, and endocrine systems with
the help of models.
• Explain how human reproduction is controlled by anatomical and biochemical processes.
• Explain the role of mitosis and meiosis in producing and maintaining complex organisms.
• Explain the role of DNA and chromosomes in passing traits from parents to offspring.
• Use statistics and probability to calculate variation and distribution of expressed
traits in a population.