Looking for a good book? Want to increase your engagement as a family?
Check out our summer reading list with reading recommendations for Elementary, Middle, and High School readers. Our summer reading list includes poems, short stories, and novels for older readers and is sure to be a hit! Reading is fundamental, so make a habit of daily reading together as a family.
Family time is even better with a book! Here are a few question stems for all age ranges that will help build inquiry and critical thinking skills while using the Dolphin STEM reading list:
- Why is _____ (character or event) significant? Explain your reasoning.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of_____ (option, event, solution, etc.)?
- Describe _____ from the perspective of ______.
- What patterns do you notice?
- How is _____ connected to ____?
- Which details are most important and why?
- What ideas could you add to the writing and how would these ideas change the plot/storyline?
We’d love to hear what you’ve come up with! Contact us with your answers!